About ‘The Butterfly Diaries’
This blog arose out of a realisation that while my digital camera and computer preserved large number of photos, my memory was grossly inadequate to remember the details and the context!
So this is my effort to :-
- record my experiences selectively
- present interesting titbits of natural history with images
- remember the context of my interesting photos and records
- act as a diary to relive the pleasures in times to come.
- and lastly, act as a sandbox for my nature writing
So, you will find here within my family, my opinions, things important to me (but probably almost nobody else) as well as trivia.
I’m basically a butterfly guy, so while the blog encompasses all nature and my experiences with it so the blog name sticks! These posts are not time-sequential, they are written in the sequence that I felt like writing about them. You’ll find that, presently the blog has some of my experiences in the desert, Sikkim and North Bengal. My Pune experiences have also started coming along.
I do hope these experiences will be new and interesting to you and that you enjoy reading about them.
Ashwin Baindur a.k.a. the butterfly diarist